Ok... so a few weeks ago I posted a rather lengthy diatribe describing all of my various hang ups when it comes to using public toilets.
Well - I've changed my mind. Never again will I be whining about people talking in the bathroom, using the handicapped stall, or leaving a stray pube on the toilet seat. No sir...eee...bobbie.
I am thankful for:
- A toilet seat
- A private stall with a lock
- Toilet paper that is free (and usually there)
- Flushing water where everything just goes swooosh and disappears
- Not having to be concerned about peeing on my ankles
- Not having to squat over a hole
- Not having to use a bucket of water to swish away the evidence
- Automatic flushers - just the fact that we have them - even if sometimes my butt gets splashed.
- Toilet seat covers - just the thought of having these in Vietnam was beyond novel
Ya'll that want to talk in the bathroom - be my guest! Talk all damn day, heck - hold meetings and setup a powerpoint presentation in there with a few overseas conference calls on speakerphone. Be THANKFUL for what you have - you might find yourself presented with this...
I think the ridges along the sides were for traction but there was nothing to hold onto to keep from tipping over in the squat and peeing all over yourself.
That is all.
P.S - I guess thats not all. For the record I did not use the above style amenities. I decided to hold it till I got back to the hotel. Why yes, I am a snob - how did you know? I've got needs. And they include flush toilets.