Handpainted yarn from Willow Wood Pond
Size 8 needles
~ 850 yards I think
76" x 25"
Thoughts on pattern - very simple knit - versatile and you can make it anything from a scarf or a huge wrap (but.. not very challenging)
Ran it through the washer twice and it shrunk quite a bit, the felt fabric is quite firm.
Knitpicks Wool of the Andes
Cast on 80 stitches instead of the pattern's 60 to make it a little wider.
My Dad and my sister in her lovely I Do shrug. Knit in Karabella Gossamer (White and Gold) and some modifications to the Knitty pattern. I knit it in one piece instead of seaming to together down the back.
Isn't she pretty? The shrug isnt bad either. It was a mohair that kept her warm as the evening got cooler.
The Flower Basket Shawl from Interweave Knits Fall 2004 - lovely project. Done in one strand of Knitpicks Shadow and one strand of Alpaca Cloud. I did 11 repeats of the main pattern - I would suggest more if you want a bigger sized shawl. This is really around the size of a large neckerchief.
Glampyre's One Skein Wonder - a very quick and satisfying knit in Manos Del Urugay in the Wildflowers colorway. I just measured out my shoulder to shoulder measurement and figured out what size I wanted it to be. I'd suggest making it smaller than you think you need - the droopy too lose ones don't look as good as the ones that are snug.
The front shot. I think this looks pretty cute but let me tell you - its a major pain to get in and out of. I really liked Glampyre's patterns and the next one I have planned is Orangina in a cotton.
Lorna's laces toe up sock. This pair went to my mom - who has since requested another pair. I used Wendy's toe up sock pattern with some modifications. I used the heel from the Broad Ripple sock from Knitty instead of just a stockinette short row heel. I did a k3 p2 rib up the cuff, and finished it with a picot bind off.
Debbie Small baby hat kit - the CupCake baby hat. My first foray into intarsia - not to bad really. The yarn however really sucked. It was done in this cotton yarn that was splitty as hell and there is NO stretch to this at all.
Knitty's I Do done in a couple of skeins of South West Trading Company's Bamboo yarn. Its kind of scratchy and is too big across the back. Some day I will feel motivated enough to frog the back by a couple of repeats and reseam.... heh.. sure. This was the training session for the REAL I Do - the one for my sister's wedding.
The pattern was a Frankenstein's amalgamation of the waist shaping from the Shapely tank, the double V neckline of Honeymoon from Knitty, and a lace edging from my 365 days of patterns perpetual calendar. I'm not quite sure what I did but one side of it is a little bigger than the other, I think I put in booby shaping on that side. It fits pretty well, although the V is deeper than I'm used to.